The Linux Administrator is responsible for developing and maintaining Linux deployment standards,maintaining existing systems and implementing new technologies.
Key Responsibility Areas:
1. Manage web infrastructure consisting of Linux Servers
2. Tune the servers as per their roles - as Web-servers, Database servers, Application Servers, Media
Servers, Load Balancers etc.
3. Ensures high availability of the Servers and Applications running on these servers using various
4. Continuously work to Speed-up the request delivery/servicing of the servers based on nature of
application and requests being served
5. Maintain backups of configuration and data
6. Ensures servers are monitored 24x7 and timely actions are taken on any incident
7. Provide consultancy to product/development teams on developing efficient programs.
8. Writing scripts for procurement, configuration and deployment of instances; for managing system
9. Managing AWS product and services like VPC, EC2, ELB, Route53, RDS, S3, Elastic Cache, Cloudfront,
Dynomodb and more.
10. Managing system resources using Ansible, puppet or similar configuration management tools.
11. Managing installations and maintenence of third party softwares like JIRA, Graylog, Selenium etc
12. Managing Postgres service and replication, git repositories, nginx, apache servers.
13. Managing Jenkins CI.
14. Managing high availability, low latency applications.
15. Focus on security best practices to ensure assist in security and compliance activities.
16. Sound understanding and working experience on high availability, high performance systems
B. Tech or M. Tech.
RHCE (Red Hat certification) will be preferred
Skill Sets / Requirements:
1. A strong background in Linux/Unix administration.
2. Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS
eco-system would be a plus)
3. Practical knowledge of shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Python or Ruby, Perl) .
4. Sound experience with Docker, Microservices, Apache Mesosphere or Rancher.
5. Strong understanding of multi-AZ deployment, rolling deployments.
6. Lead the maintenance of ElasticSearch / MongoDB/ MySQL databases in a highly available
architecture hosted on AWS server.
7. Familiar with implementing Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment practices
8. Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures, Micro Services and Distributed System.
9. Must have strong knowledge of internet protocols such as FTP, SFTP & HTTP/S
10. Must have excellent understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet .
11. Should have knowledge of CI/CD, Shell scripting and AWS
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Internet / Ecommerce
Functional Area:IT Software - eCommerce, Internet Technologies
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization
Founded in 1996, the company's mission is to make doing business easy. Keeping this mission in mind, we come up with appropriate initiativesÂ fromÂ time to time. Recently, we have announced our entry in the fintech space.
IndiaMART has more than 4.2 million sellers and 5.2 million buyers registered on the platform.
The companyhas a strong team of around 3500 employees with 80 branches across India.
We are backed by investors like Intel Capital,Amadeus Capital,WestBridge Capital & Quona Capital.
Contact Company:IndiaMART InterMESH Ltd